“King Roger”, “FedExpress” or “Fedi”, fans and journalists, they both have plenty of nicknames for Roger Federer. There is no different inside Federer family, his dad Robert lovingly calls him “Rogi” – pronouncing “Rochi”, Roger usually calls Mirka “Pipeli”.
- Roger as a child used to be a vegetarian and started to eat meat when he was 14. No he syas that he likes to eat “anything” nowadays.
- Mirka and Roger start dating during the Olympic Games in Sydney in 2000. They had met shortly before a training session in Bienne. Thinking back on those days, Mirka says: “He was singing Backstreet Boys songs at the top of his voice. I already liked him then.”
- Federer has been inviting parents of Peter Carter, Federer’s most influential coach during his time as a junior player who died in a car accident in South Africa in 2002, Bob and Diana Carter to the Australian Open since 2005 and has been paying all their expenses for these trips.
- As a junior player, Roger Federer give up training early again and again, mainly just before the weekend.
It’s no secret that I was sometimes glad to get kicked out of training in Ecublens on Friday afternoons and get to take an earlier train home. Not that I really pushed for it, but I was happy whenever this happened.“
- After winning the Orange Bowl versus Guillermo Coria in 1998, Roger Federer made a sign “the no. 1 lives here!” onto his front door.
- Federer prefers to play as either Rafael Nadal or Gaël Monfils on the Playstation, even tho he sometimes also chooses himself.
- Roger Federer would pick his Davis Cup team members as roommates, if had to share a room with any other players on the ATP tour.
- Federer is terrified of bungee jumping, parachuting and roller-coaster rides.